Saturday, January 30, 2016

Moto 360 Sport - 2 Weeks

So it's been almost 2 weeks with my Moto 360 Sport and I have to say, I'm pretty happy with it.

The hardest thing to get to use with this watch, was just wearing it. I haven't worn a watch in probably 10 years, so having something on my wrist all day, especially when at the computer, was very new to me.

The other thing I found (and still find) a little difficult, is knowing I can leave my phone in one place and not carry it around the house with me. lol, I know, but habits are hard to break.

As far as the battery life goes, I got a pretty good flow going now. Usually when I put it on its charger at night, there is still over 50% battery life left. Awesome. Turning off the display during a workout session, really make a difference. I also turn off the display when I have my phone near me.

So the one beef that keeps coming up by others, is the strap. Yes, it collects dust and lint a little, but really, a damp cloth and a wipe... clean again. This is not a gripe that would keep me from buying it.

The one last issue that many complained about is that it is not a full fitness watch, i.e. you can't take it swimming. Really? Ya, could care less about that, I'm not a triathlete. What this watch is, is a "smartwatch" that allows me to get notifications, respond to text, chat and e-mail via voice and gives me nice "fitness tracking" abilities (steps, heart rate and calorie burn). Also, when I start running again, GPS for mapping my runs.

All in all, I am very happy with it. I just hope, I get more than a few years out of it, as I won't be buying a new one every 2 years, like some people do with their phones. Unfortunately, devices like this, phones & tablets are don't seem to last very long. Good for the manufacturers I guess, because we keep buying them.

If you have a Moto 360 Sport, I'd love to hear your experiences or tips.

Cheers,
P

Google+ Badge